Beer Quality Surveys
Remember, your favourite pub cannot get into the Good Beer Guide unless members have visited regularly and submitted good beer scores!
Good Beer Guide Selection Process
The Bridgnorth CAMRA sub branch is part of Telford & East Shropshire branch of CAMRA. If a pub is voted in to the Good Beer Guide then it is part of the branch allocation of pubs (25 per year, 26 in alternate years)
The Good Beer Guide Selection process is a tried and tested method of selecting pubs for entry in to the Good Beer Guide.
Details of this process can be found here: A Guide to Entries in the Good Beer Guide
CAMRA Beer Quality Surveys
Any CAMRA member can submit beer scores via the National Beer Scoring System (requires membership log-in). Alternatively, members of Telford and East Shropshire (including Bridgnorth sub-branch) can submit beer scores directly to the TES CAMRA committee via e-mail
Guidance on scoring can be found in this file (Requires Acrobat Reader or similar): nationalbeerscorecard
You can now add your ratings directly at WhatPub
If you require further details about beer scoring on WhatPub there are two short videos available
Pub of the Year (POTY) Club of the Year (COTY) & Brewery of the Year (BOTY)
The vast majority of CAMRA branches make a Pub of the Year (POTY) & Club of the Year (COTY) award.
There are several strong campaigning and promotional reasons for doing so:
• pubs & clubs need all the publicity that they can get and award announcements stimulate interest not only in the winning pub/club in particular, but also in pubs generally;
• the media love competitions and, with the right press release and timing, can gain good publicity for the pub/club and the campaign;
• it rewards excellence and, hopefully, inspires other pubs & clubs to achieve similar high standards;
• it makes clear what we in CAMRA consider makes a great pub/club;
• in most cases, the branch POTY & COTY will feed into the national POTY & COTY awards.
The Bridgnorth CAMRA sub branch is part of Telford & East Shropshire branch of CAMRA and our pubs and clubs are eligible to take part in this competition.
In 2016 our branch introduced Brewery of the Year (BOTY) competition
Details of this process can be found here: PotY & CotY & BotY Selection Process – Vers 02 – 10.11.16